We all want friends and we have hundreds on our social media platforms, but it doesn’t satisfy the need for real tangible people.
I ran into this quote online about friendship. “Why call someone to meet up when you can just send 76 text messages about it?”
When it comes to friends, you’ll send a million texts back and forth but when it’s anyone else it can get annoying quickly? Right? LOL
Someone once said “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.” – Unknown
The way we would say it is a friend is “someone who believes the best about you”
Like if you were in Track and you had a meet coming up but you were still .5 seconds behind your goal for that meet, and you get discouraged and want to give up. But your friend sees what’s going on, knows how hard you’ve worked already and encourages you to keep going to hit your goal. That friend believes the best about you!
Isn’t that what we all want in a friend? Sounds amazing right? Yet if we are honest we struggle to find actually meaningful friendships.. a lot of us are asking the question we don’t really want to ask. “How Do I Find Friends?”
let’s talk about it..
See we all want friends & we have hundreds of them on our social media platforms, but it doesn’t satisfy the need for real tangible people. Someone who can understand you, laugh with you, go through struggles with you, and celebrate with you. Yet we can be surrounded by people and feel completely alone. The good news is that God’s design for us was never to do life alone..
God has friendship for you. Friendship with him and with others.
Look at Genesis 2:18 says “It is not good that man should be alone” – we were designed for community.
What is a friend?
Like we said a minute ago, A true friend is someone who believes the best about you and holds you to your best. Someone who is there for you..
Now that we know WHAT we are looking for, WHERE do we find these friends? That’s a great question. Here are some super practical ways to make friends in real life.
1. Find things you like to do
– Go places where people like to Talk about & learn about Jesus
– Go places where people like to Talk about & play Sports
– Go places where people like to Do things Outdoors
– The list of possibilities is endless. The point is find something you naturally like to do ..
2. Make small talk
– Find ways to give people real compliments
– Find things you may have in common and use it to jumpstart the convo.
– Ask Good Questions like … Where do you go to school? Or What’s been the best part of your week?
3. Be a Good friend
– Listen to them, Learn about them, and Love them. Remember, a good friend is someone who believes the best about them and holds them to their best.
That’s it .. Find things you like to do, Make small talk, and Be a good friend.
– Cliffhanger about Godly relationships – go check out video in the description
As we wrap this up.. Just know that Jesus is the best friend you can possibly have in life.
– Never leave you – verse
– Always Listens – verse
– Wants to hang out with you – verse
The more you spend time with him, you’ll meet the right friends and you’ll learn how to be a great friend to others.